Ready to sharpen your life skills? Yes, yes, and yes. Life skills are the skills one needs to live a successful happy life. Help yourself by always using these skills and soon you are helping others too. What can have a better outcome than that?
In a sense, your life skills are really the reactions you use to interpret your situation in life and how you deal with others. Work on these important life skills and everyone– family, friends, co-workers and acquaintances– will want to know your secrets on how to live such a fulfilling life.
Few would argue that there are many life skills to work on. However, today we will focus on seven of the most essential. According to Ellen Gilinsky of Big Think Mentor, she says the Seven Essential Life Skills are:
- Focus and Self-Control
- If you can keep your mind from wandering and stay on task you will have discovered how to use your focus and self-control. Keep practicing and soon it will be automatic.
- Perspective Taking
- Perspective Taking is the phrase professionals use to discuss empathy and community with clients. The lesson here is to think more “we” than “me.” Today put yourself in your neighbor’s shoes and your view of life is certainly to change.
- Listen, repeat, reflect and thoughtfully respond. If you communicate like this, soon you will discover that many people are asking for your opinion and feedback.
- Making Connections
- Connections are important. When you can connect the dots within a situation, you will soon be thinking like a good detective. You will soon be able to find the cause of a roadblock and change it.
- Critical Thinking
- It is wise to remember that everything you hear is not always correct. Do your own research and come to your own conclusion. Then use your communication skills to share with others.
- Taking on Challenges
- Get out of your comfort zone. Try something new. Repeat.
- Self-Directed, Engaged Learning
- Stay interested and involved in the world. Find your interests and passions and learn all you can about them. It will do you and others a lot of good.
How Do I Go About It?
The first step is to do something positively different. For instance, if you procrastinate a project, divide the task into smaller pieces and start there. Or, if you are prone to always think how a decision impacts you, take a moment to think how it will impact your family.
Nadia Will Work with You to Hone Your Life Skills
Transforming your life skills so they become effortless is a life long journey. Take your first step today. On your to-do list make sure to schedule your consultation with Nadia Khalil today. She has been helping people just like you transform their lives into something special.